For all the food lovers one symptom that is truely annoying and irritating is Acidity.
A - Annoying
C- Call of
T-To be tackled by
Y- You as soon as possible.
What is Acidity ?
Acidity is a term used for a set of symptoms caused by excess production of acid by the gastric glands of stomach.
Signs and Symptoms of Acidity :
1. Burning in the stomach
2. Burning in the throat
6. Sour taste
In this section of our website we have made sure that we can help you get well naturally by give you home remedies and tips to keep acidity at bay.
Home remedies for acidity :
1. Banana : They keep a check on the acid production in stomach. This fibre rich fruit aids in digestion and prevents the reoccurence of acidity. Overripe banana is very helpful in a severe bout of acidity due to rich potassium content in it,
2. Tulsi : Chewing 5 to 6 Tulsi leaves when you have an acidity attack relieves you from the discomfort of acidity. Tulsi helps in mucous production in stomach and also has antiulcer properties.
3.Fennel seeds or Saunf : To use this home remedy you can soak the fennel seeds over night in water and then you can drink the water in morning and that can help you from the regular acidity. Chewing fennel seeds also help in relieving nausea and thereby palliating acidity.
4. Cumin seeds or Jeera : These seeds have the property of increasing the salivation and thereby helping in better digestion. For acidity relief you have to boil some Cumin seeds in water and then drink the water once it is cooled off.
5. Cloves : Whenever you eat cloves the bitter and pungent taste leads to increase in salivation and thereby helping in digestion thereby reducing acidity.
6. Cardamom or Elaichi : It helps in digestion and reduces the spasms of stomach. To relieve acidity take 2 pods of Cardamom and crush it. Boil the crushed powder in water and drink it after it cools.
7. Mint Leaves or Pudina : They help in digestion as they help in lowering the acid content of stomach. They also help in reducing the symptoms of acid reflux. For using them boil the mint leaves in water and then drink the water once it cools of.
8. Cold Milk : Milk has a high amount of calcium that helps it prevent acid build up and absorbs the excess acid produced, thereby reducing the symptoms of acidity.
The fact that it is cold also provides instant relief from the burning sensation one feels during acid reflux. You can add a spoon of rose surup in cold milk for better results.
Hope this information was useful to you. The basic idea is to educate our readers and help them get well naturally. Inspite of using home remedies if you do not feel better then please consult your physician for further help.
Homoeopathy also has beautiful results in acidity. It not only helps in relieving the symptoms of acidity but it also helps in working on the cause making the digestive system more strong. Get in touch with us if you have any doubts or queries. We are happy to help.
Dr. Ankita Marjadi
ValsadApril 13, 2017