The commonest question which we come across as health care practioners these days is can you please suggest home remedies for increasing the immunity.
So we thought of listing the same for you.
Hereby it goes:
1. Garlic : A natural antibiotic, anti fungal, anti viral , it surely helps in protecting the body against many infections. Regular intake of garlic helps in rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis and cardiac complaints as well. It is also know to reduce the blood pressure, cholesterol and also known to lower the risk of some types of cancer.
If you might have heard in many dadi maa ke nuske, garlic is used for ear complaints, respiratory complaints.
It has a good immunity building food.
2. Tulsi : Each household atleast in India has the this holy plant not necessarily for religious purpose but also it is the commonest one found in any home.
It is of the highest therapeutic value to increase the immunity. It is know as a great anti flu herb and is know to be beneficial in respiratory complaints.
3. Turmeric : This is also an easily available spice in any home. It is known to have vitamin B6 as well as potassium, manganese and iron which helps in building the immunity. It is also known for its anti septic properties since ancient times.
Till date our elders frequently recommend the use of turmeric with milk during winter season as it was know to keep the respitory complaints at bay.
4. Honey: 1 tablespoon of it daily helps in boosting the immune system. Honey has antibacterial properties ans well as it is rich in antioxidants. It also aids in digestion by preventing acid reflux.
5. Fruits : All the vitamin C rich fruits are known to be rich in their antioxidant properties and hence they are a big boon for increasing the immunity.
Apple, Lemons and Papaya are the top three on the list for the same.
6. Green leafy vegetables : They are loaded with folic acid and if consumed regularly keeps the immune system high by secreting the antibodies that help in fighting the infection.
7. Yogurt : It is known to be rich in probiotics that is to say the friendly gut organisms which aid in development of white blood cells and antibodies therby increasing the immunity.
8. Ginger : The warmth which we get by intake of ginger is known to detox the boy from toxins. It is also known to be very beneficial for immunity as it aids in digestion, keeps the respiratory infections at bay and is also known to have soothing effects during inflammation of throat.
9. Vitamin D: The most essential vitamin and the most common deficiency these days. This is known to play a major role in boosting immunty. A daily exposure of sunlight for 10 to 15minutes will really help to maintain the adequate amount of vitamin D in the body.
10. Sleep : If you are sleep deprived it is a major contributor in increasing the stress levels and this in turn reduces the immune system. Uninterrupted 7 to 8 hours of sleep can work wonders with your immunity system.
So this was in short about some of the things that can help you increase your immunity.
Dr. Ankita Marjadi
ValsadFebruary 10, 2018