Initially we had thought that we would be addressing the problem of Obesity in our Get Well Naturally series. We thought this is a very crucial topic and needs to be addressed as people look in for solutions for Obesity.
But then someone very close to my heart inspired me to write on a topic which is related to Obesity yet it is not been talked of. This problem needs to be addressed equally then only any obesity problem would be solved.
So here comes the topic of Obesity with a little lighht shedded on building a self image.
So people this is the general mind state of people with those extra pounds.Before starting about how can we help you for obesity, I would request each one of you to first love what you are looking into the mirror.A radiant smile and a happy face, the tinke in your eye which comes with confidence will make you feel and look good no matter what is your weight. We see many over weight people carry themselves beautifully. and that is where the beauty lies. Weight needs to reduced ,there is no two ways about it but then for this extra pounds you cannot and should not add worry to your pre existing stressful lives. For women who no longer feel beautiful because of those pounds, try giving five minutes more to yourself. Change your hairdo, put on some light make up, dont give up on looks just because you dont feel beautiful because of being overweight. Looking good has nothing to do with weight. If you are in shape, its definitely cherry on cake but you have to feel beautiful from within.
Now we address the problem of Obesity.
What is Obesity?
Obesity means having too much body fat. It is different from being overweight, which means weighing too much. The weight may come from muscle, bone, fat, and/or body water. Both terms mean that a person's weight is greater than what's considered healthy for his or her height.
Having too much body fat can lead to type 2 diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, arthritis, sleep apnea, and stroke. That is the major reason why we need to lose weight. Our reasons for losing weight grossly are to look good but that would be the last one on my list as we need to address the health hazards of Obesity.Because of these risks, it is important to lose weight even if you don't feel bad now.
Causes of Obesity:
If you eat more calories than you burn, you are bound to gain weight.
How active you are is another factor. Sedentary lifestyle is one more major cause of Obesity.
How you eat and what you eat is also very important. Eating a balanced diet is essential for managing weight. Eating nutritious food rather than junk food is the key to manage weight.
If you have an Obesity gene, you may have an inherited tendency to gain weight. So in such cases always keep a tab on healthy lifestyle so that you dont end up being Obese.
There are certain medicines which increase your weight, so you need to keep a check on them as well.
Fructose effect on the brain may promote obesity - researchers from Yale University School of Medicine compared the effects of fructose and glucose on the brain with MRI scans and found that high fructose diets may be behind the current obesity epidemic.
For some people, emotions influence eating habits. Many people eat excessively in response to emotions such as boredom, sadness, stress, or anger. While most overweight people have no more psychological disturbances than normal weight people, about 30% of the people who seek treatment for serious weight problems have difficulties with binge eating.
Diseases such as hypothyroidism, insulin resistance, polycystic ovary syndrome, and Cushing's syndrome are also contributors to obesity.
We all know the causes of Obesity. They are different for every people. We always recommend that the cause should be treated. If the cause is addressed then managing weight would be much easier.
How can we help???
We believe in a holistic approach. For obesity it should be treated holistically.
It has to be addressed by working in 4 main areas.
1. Diet - We can help you with a balanced diet and recommend you a diet which will help you lose weight. We are not into crash diets because at times crash diets cause rapid weight loss but the gain rate is also equally fast.
2. Exercise - We will recommend you exercise which would be according to your body. At times when we have to focus exclusively on belly fat our recommendatins would be according to that. At times the hips or arms need toning so exercise would be according to that.
3. Homoeopathic medicine - We will be giving you medicines which would be made to order according to your personality type. They would be given to you after a detailed history taking so that we can aim for an holistic approach.
4. Motivation - At times in the process of weight loss, we lose our focus. We get busy in our daily lives, forget that we were determined to lose weight or get lazy. We will help you stay motivated so that you dont lose your focus. This is very essential to achieve what we aspire to achieve.
It is not necessary to achieve an "ideal weight" to derive health benefits from obesity treatment. Instead, the goal of treatment should be to reach and hold to a "healthier weight." The emphasis of treatment should be to commit to the process of lifelong healthy living, including eating more wisely and increasing physical activity.
In sum, the goal in dealing with obesity is to achieve and maintain a "healthier weight."
Since this is our Get Well Naturally series article we will definitely give you some home remedies for weight loss. We will restrict it to 10 as otherwise its a huge list of over 25 remedies:
1. Warm water mixed with honey and lemon in the morning is a very effective fat burner.
2. Raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar is another popular home remedy to reduce excess weight. Though the actual weight loss benefits of it are still unknown, preliminary research has shown that it can help protect against obesity. It helps breakdown fat and hence prevents the accumulation of body fat.
3. Green Tea - This is by far the most popular beverage for losing weight. Yes indeed it is very effective as it helps slow down weight gain by limiting fat absorption and increasing the body’s ability to use fat.
Furthermore, green tea is packed with nutrients such as vitamin C, carotenoids, zinc, selenium, chromium, and other trace minerals.
4. Curry Leaves - Taking around 10 curry leaves in the morning helps in reducing the body fat and it is also very beneficial for obesity induced diabetes.
5. Cayenne pepper - It contains capsaicin that stimulates your body to burn fat and increase energy expenditure and hence it controls obesity. It also stimulates digestion and suppresses excessive appetite caused by malabsorption of nutrients.
6. Aloe Vera - It is helpful in treating obesity as it stimulates metabolism and increases energy consumption.
7. Cinnamon and Honey - Honey contains sugar (natural sugar), but it also helps promote fat metabolism and fat burning. Cinnamon regulates blood sugar levels and insulin levels and stops you from overeating .
8. Ginger - Ginger enhances satiety, so that reduces the craving for unhealthy foods and works as a natural appetite suppressant. It also raises the temperature of the body and boosts metabolism that helps in burning fat at a faster pace.
9. Cucumber - Cucumber contains 90% of water and just 13.25 calories. It is an effective and famous home remedy to cut down fat cells and excess body fluids. Cucumber has vitamins A, C and E that eliminate the toxins from the body. Consuming cucumber also gives you energy and makes your body feel light and energetic.
10. Say No to Sugar - They say only if you cut down Sugar from your appetite you can see a drastic loss in weight automatically. Eat sugar in its natural form such as it occurs in fruits. Sweets, ice creams, sugar beverages, carbonated drinks and the likes are sugar devils and it is best to stay away from them. They increase your body fat, especially around your abdomen and thighs.
Hopefully this article was useful to you. Get in touch with us for a holistic healthy weight programme. We would be more than happy to help.
Dr. Ankita Marjadi
ValsadOctober 04, 2017